In this day and age, more people are going back to school to further their education. There are many reasons for this and most of them revolve around the economy.
In hard times, jobs are not easy to secure. Some of them require a certain degree of education. But, not everyone has the time to go onto a college campus and sit down in a classroom.
So what do those busy people do? They turn to online college schools.
Online colleges have been gaining so much traction in recent years. But how do people know if they are getting the best for their money?
Some of online college schools leave the students with degrees that end up being useless in the real world. As with traditional colleges, reputation and accreditation matters.
To help people in their search for online colleges to apply to, here are five of the best online schools seriously worth looking into:
5. University of Central Florida. This school is an emerging preeminent research university and one of the top online programs in the country. The University of Central Florida has been offering classes for over twenty years and has 8,000 students online.
The students will have access to student supports to help further their pursuit of higher education. They have twenty bachelor’s degrees, twenty-six master’s degrees, and three doctoral degrees.
The college choice score is 93.52. They have a 50% acceptance rate and a 90% retention rate. The graduation rate is at 70%.
The tuition cost for undergrad and graduate students in and out of state are the same prices. The top online degrees are master of science in nursing, master of science in criminal justice, and master of science in digital forensics. This school is also public nonprofit. Forbes and Kiplinger’s has called this most affordable and best-value online college schools in America.
4. UMass Online. The University of Massachusetts was established in 1863. This school received the Excellence in Distance Teaching Education award from the United States Distance Learning Association.
The UMass Online offers sixty-four courses for their students. They have a 58% acceptance rate and a 91% retention rate. The graduation rate is at 77%.
There are twenty-one online certificates, one online associate degrees, twenty-two bachelor’s degrees, fourteen master’s degrees, and six doctoral degrees. It ranks number fifty-nine on the list of top college choices.
The tuition cost for undergrad and graduate students in and out of state are the same prices. This school is also public nonprofit.
3. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Worldwide. This school has been in the online learning game since 1993. The Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University use cutting-edge technology to further the education of all of their students.
The college choice score is 99.06. They offer six associate degrees, sixteen bachelor’s degrees, twenty master’s degrees, and one doctoral degree. Tuition is $250 for military and $413 for civilians.
The top online degrees are bachelor of science in aeronautics, master of science in engineering management, and master of science in technology.
2. University of Florida- Online. This school offers programs for bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The University of Florida offers more than 200 courses online.
Their main goal is to break down geographical barriers when it comes to education. Everyone should have the chance for higher learning.
The college choice score is 98.48. They have a 68% acceptance rate and an 86% retention rate. The graduation rate is at 88%. In-state tuition cost for undergrad and graduate students is cheaper than those out of state.
The top online degrees bachelor of arts or science in business administration, master of education in curriculum and instruction, and master of science in civil engineering. This school is also public nonprofit.
1. Penn World State. This school is part of the Pennsylvania State University system. The Penn World State offers happy alternative for students who are too busy to be on campus.
They offer 210 courses for everyone to choose from. The tuition cost for undergrad and graduate students in and out of state are the same prices.
The college choice score is 100. They have a 67% acceptance rate and a 54% retention rate. The graduation rate is at 28%. This school is perfect for nursing, nutritional science, and geographic information systems programs. This school is also public nonprofit.